Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for supporting the accounting function at Iskalo Development Corp. This role will perform duties in relation to clerical, administrative and payables for property management related projects within the organization and affiliated companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Accounting Concentration preferred
- Associates degree in Accounting/Accounting Concentration required
- Professional work experience in a corporate environment preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounts payable processing and general accounting
- Experience with Sage 300 CRE/Timberline Accounting software preferred
- Professional style of verbal and written communication
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support all aspects of the accounting function including payables, receivables, reconciliations, etc.
- Invoice processing for all properties including matching, batching, coding, and running checks
- Update and reconcile sub ledger to the general ledger
- Maintain cash applications
- Research and resolve accounts payable issues and provide timely response to vendors and management
- Actively participate in team meetings
- Participate in functional cross training of roles in accounting department to ensure operational efficiencies
- Maintain Security and Confidentiality, Accuracy, and Integrity of all information; always maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp.
- Knowledge of property vendor relationship management and experience in property management accounting preferred
- Working knowledge purchase order system preferred
- Working knowledge of Sage 300 CRE/Timberline Software
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, presenting recommendations for resolutions and improvement
- Effectively communicate with other departments within the organization with special emphasis on collaboration within the Accounting Department
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently or as a team
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High volume of data entry
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Excel
- Takes initiative, is solution oriented and follows through on all assigned tasks until resolution
- Work performed in modern, well-lit office setting
- Use of various computer software programs including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel in addition to standard office equipment (phone, calculator, copier, fax)
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.