Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
Iskalo Development, a full-service Real Estate Development Company, is looking for a dynamic leader to join our team. The Director of Construction will contribute toward the success of Iskalo Development in building a reputable, profitable and efficient full-service real estate development company through effective administration of company policies and best practices in the provision of construction management services.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction technology, engineering and/or design from four-year College or university
- 10 to 15 years experience in commercial construction project management. Work with a private developer or developer/contractor a plus
- Demonstrated excellence in tenant and vendor relationship management, property budgeting and project management
- Coach and mentor staff, presenting oneself as a leader in terms of conduct, appearance, communication and performance. Embrace, communicate and practice company core values and performance measures. “Lead by example” and hold staff accountable for commitments and deadlines.
- Manage career development of staff including conduct of annual performance reviews and periodic one-on-one discussions between annual reviews. Assist in the development and maintenance of staff job descriptions.
- Ensure that best practices and company policies and procedures are being implemented.
- Manage staff allocation and time management (profitability within the Department fee structure).
- Manage the Iskalo Safety Program including interaction with Iskalo third-party safety consultant, staff safety training and internal safety communication.
- Nurture relationships with key subcontractors to maintain their priority interest in bidding Iskalo projects. Identify and cultivate relationships with new qualified prospective subcontractors to help ensure good bid coverage for Iskalo projects.
- Working closely with EVP to develop mastery understanding of key contracts used by Iskalo and assist staff in negotiation of same. Review and approve all contracts prior to submission to President for execution.
- Oversee the estimating and bid procurement and award process, interacting with staff, as necessary, to ensure that all the work required to complete a project is being addressed in the various estimates and to ensure project will be constructed in exact compliance with the final construction estimate.
- Schedule and manage Iskalo field construction crew, overseeing all completed work to ensure compliance with Iskalo quality standards. Collaborate with Director of Property Management to coordinate other miscellaneous construction and/or repair projects utilizing field crew resources.
- During construction, monitoring the project construction schedule and performance against budget via ensuring regular updating of project schedules and costs to complete by project managers as well as undertaking regular visits to construction job sites to observe quality, safety and schedule conformance.
- Develop departmental estimating standard procedures and formats to be utilized in the assembling and pricing of conceptual budget estimates, schematic and design development estimates and final construction estimates.
- Expand upon a corporate subcontractor/material supplier directory by division and specification section. Maintain contact with database of subcontractors and material suppliers for purposes of obtaining sub bids and material quotations and source new subcontractor and material suppliers to expand database.
- Oversee preparation of written project scopes and/or tenant work letters along with estimates completed and meet with President/Sr. Management and/or tenants, as required, to ensure awareness and understanding of the inclusions and exclusions within the various levels of budgeting process and ultimately during the final pricing phase of the project prior to construction.
- Oversee the bidding process for Iskalo projects to ensure that that material supplier scopes of work have been assembled into appropriate bid packages for final construction estimates on negotiated and third party construction projects and that invitations to bid, bidding instructions, and bid forms for final construction estimates on negotiated and third party construction projects have been properly assembled.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.