Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
As a result of a recent internal promotion, Iskalo Development is currently seeking a full time Director of Commercial Leasing to lead the real estate leasing efforts within our expanding commercial property portfolio of office, medical, retail, and light industrial space. We are a full-service Real Estate Development Company with in-house Development, Architecture/Interior Design, Construction Management, Leasing, Marketing, Accounting and Property Management services and expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required;
- Seven to ten years’ experience with commercial property leasing and sales;
- Strong working knowledge of commercial real estate, lease negotiation, deal flow process and tenant relations;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Professional style of verbal and written communication with emphasis on interpersonal interaction with outside parties.
- Field inquiries and coordinate all activities related to prospect qualification, drafting, and tendering of proposals, lease negotiation, coordination of tenant interior design and cost estimating, negotiation and procurement of Tenant Improvement (TI) upgrades/overages, collection of security deposits etc., management of TI process through to occupancy by tenant;
- Cultivate and manage lead generation through outward contacting methods including cold calling, market search and tenant prospecting;
- Track all incoming leads on Sales Activity Report;
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Development, Construction, Accounting, Architecture and Property Management teams;
- Working with the Marketing Department, ensure timely implementation of external marketing activities such as broker mailings, direct mailings, email blasts, advertising, and web site updates;
- Monitor market activity to detect trends in corporate office, medical office, light industrial, retail, and multi-family real estate that will be beneficial to planning of future Iskalo projects. Participate in project programming exercises to provide input into the design process;
- Work with Director of Property Management to ensure presentability of available space;
- Monitor Government newsletters and websites for relevant leads and direct response to same. Monitor local newspapers and other media for potential business leads and act accordingly;
- Create and maintain a solid network of commercial real estate brokers and business professionals, ensure regular interaction to cultivate early awareness of potential leads;
- Maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates at all times.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and provide direction, recommendations, and input to all stakeholders, ensuring lease transactions are completed accurately, on time and within projections;
- In-depth understanding of the commercial real estate industry including deal structure, lease language, real estate laws, policies, and best practices;
- Personable, outgoing personality, customer service oriented;
- Motivated, confident, self-starter who works well independently or as a team;
- Effective problem-solver and decision-maker;
- Strong organizational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with business contacts, peers, and colleagues;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Work performed in modern, well-lit office setting;
- Use of standard office equipment (phone, computer, copier, fax);
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle during work hours;
- Daily travel to job sites and affiliate properties;
- Ability to walk, bend, lift, stand, sit, and work at computer for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to climb stairs and move at an active pace throughout properties;
- Must be comfortable moving through undeveloped spaces and construction zones.
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.