Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
Iskalo Development is currently seeking a full time Human Resource Assistant to support our Amherst Hospitality Campus. This unique role will work directly onsite at the beautiful Reikart House Hotel and will support the management team at Reikart House, Jazzboline Restaurant and Bar and Hyatt Place venues, all located on Main Street in Amherst, NY. We are looking for a motivated, energetic individual who is excited about coming to work every day. The ideal candidate would have a bachelor’s degree in human resource management and have a passion for helping others.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred;
- Associates degree or two years post high school education required;
- Minimum of one year of customer service-based experience (professional office) preferred, internship in HR a plus;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Professional style of verbal and written communication with emphasis on interpersonal interaction with others.
- Provide support to the management team and others, as directed, in all efforts pertaining to recruitment including but not limited to screening candidates, tracking applicant flow, and administering the recruitment process;
- Conduct references, background checks, and extend offers as directed;
- Ensure timely updates are provided to all stakeholders regarding staffing issues;
- Complete onboarding and orientation process;
- Ensure all federal, state, local and company specific paperwork is completed accurately and timely;
- Provide support in all mandatory training to ensure timely completion;
- Follow up on any outstanding items
- Maintain awareness of community recruitment events and make recommendations regarding participation;
- Support management in the timely completion of payroll (primary or secondary as directed);
- Respond to inquiries regarding employment status including but not limited to unemployment, workers compensation, wages, and verifications;
- Guide employees through processes pertaining to Paid Family Leave, Paid Sick Leave, Family Medical Leave, Short Term Disability and Workers Compensation;
- Actively participate in management meetings at the property level as directed;
- Work with management team at all properties and within the corporate office providing timely updates and awareness of sensitive and critical issues;
- Provide administrative support where necessary and directed by management;
- Maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates at all times.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks providing timely updates;
- Personable, outgoing personality, customer service oriented;
- Motivated, confident, self-starter who works well independently or as a team;
- Effective problem-solver and decision-maker;
- Strong organizational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with business contacts, peers, and colleagues;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Work performed in modern, well-lit hospitality setting;
- Use of standard office equipment (phone, computer, copier, fax);
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle during work hours;
- Occasional local travel to main office, networking, and recruitment events;
- Ability to walk, bend, lift, stand, sit, and work at computer for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to climb stairs and move at an active pace throughout properties.
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.