Iskalo Development Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Iskalo Development is currently seeking a full time Human Resources Coordinator to support our Amherst Hospitality Campus. This unique role will directly support the beautiful Reikart House Hotel and will support the management team at Reikart House, Jazzboline Restaurant and Bar and Hyatt Place venues, all located on Main Street in Amherst, NY. We are looking for a motivated, energetic individual who is excited about coming to work every day.
Who We Are
Iskalo Development is one of the region’s premier developers of high-quality buildings of timeless design. We are driven to deliver quality, not quantity. In doing so, we sweat the details that others don’t. We do this because it is important to us that our projects make a positive impact to their neighborhood and that they stand the test of time. And we believe that someone choosing to spend time in one of our buildings, whether it be for work in one of our commercial buildings, an overnight stay in one of our hotels, or for dinner at one of our restaurants, deserves to be treated to excellence in their surroundings.
Why You Want to Work Here
If you are creative, resourceful and “wired to work”, then you may be a candidate to join the team of professionals at Iskalo Development. More than ever before, you have a choice on the type of company you want to work for. Choose one where you can make a difference!
- Provide support to the management team and others, as directed, in all efforts pertaining to recruitment, including but not limited, to screening candidates, tracking applicant flow, and administering the recruitment process;
- Conduct references, background checks, and extend offers as directed;
- Ensure timely updates are provided to all stakeholders regarding staffing issues; • Complete onboarding and orientation process;
- Ensure all federal, state, local and company specific paperwork is completed accurately and timely;
- Provide support in all mandatory training to ensure timely completion;
- Follow up on any outstanding items
- Maintain awareness of community recruitment events and make recommendations regarding participation;
- Support management in the timely completion of payroll (primary or secondary as directed);
- Respond to inquiries regarding employment status including but not limited to unemployment, workers compensation, wages, and verifications;
- Guide employees through processes pertaining to Paid Family Leave, Paid Sick Leave, Family Medical Leave, Short Term Disability and Workers Compensation;
- Work collaboratively and, at times at the direction of, the hospitality management companies HR support to resolve employee matters timely, effectively and in a well-documented fashion
- Actively participate in management meetings at the property level as directed;
- Work with management team at all properties and within the corporate office providing timely updates and awareness of sensitive and critical issues;
- Provide administrative support where necessary and directed by management;
- Maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates at all times.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred or equivalent experience required
- A minimum of one year employee relations experience required
- Minimum of one year of customer service-based experience (professional office) preferred, internship in HR a plus strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- A minimum of one-two years’ experience with leave management
- Professional style of verbal and written communication with emphasis on interpersonal interaction with others.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks providing timely updates;
- Personable, outgoing personality, customer service oriented;
- Motivated, confident, self-starter who works well independently or as a team;
- Effective problem-solver and decision-maker;
- Strong organizational and communication skills with exceptional attention to detail;
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with business contacts, peers, and colleagues;
- Ability to support and communicate with employees at all levels of an organization
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Work performed in modern, well-lit hospitality setting;
- Use of standard office equipment (phone, computer, copier, fax);
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle during work hours;
- Occasional local travel to main office, networking, and recruitment events;
- Ability to walk, bend, lift, stand, sit, and work at computer for extended periods of time;
- Must be able to climb stairs and move at an active pace throughout properties.
How to Apply
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.