Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Accounting is responsible for supporting the Accounting and Finance functions at Iskalo Development. This role will perform duties in support of the multiple properties and affiliate companies, in addition to acting as a Senior member of the Accounting department providing guidance to staff as directed by leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting/Accounting Concentration preferred;
- Associates degree in Accounting Concentration required;
- Professional work experience in a corporate environment preferred;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices and principles;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in general accounting;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (exceptional Excel skills required);
- Strong ability to multitask and transition between projects seamlessly and frequently;
- Professional style of verbal and written communication.
- Daily review of financial records pertaining to bank accounts and deposits;
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger transactions;
- Compile and analyze information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts;
- Prepare, review and file real estate taxes ensuring all payments are made prior to due date;
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Act as liaison to independent firms preparing tax returns in addition to audits and advisory services, ensuring information provided is accurate and timely;
- Prepare and file quarterly sales taxes for applicable entities;
- Participate in new property purchase process estimating costs, reviewing closing documents and statements;
- Complete set up of companies in designated financial applications;
- Ensure creation of appropriate bank accounts;
- Collaborate with insurance companies to ensure proper coverage prior to closing;
- Perform credit inquiries on potential tenants to ensure financial viability;
- Code and voucher monthly liabilities, research discrepancies and update reports;
- Make certain all financial reporting deadlines are met;
- Participate in annual review of CAM audits and annual tax returns;
- Assist Portfolio Controller in ensuring department tasks are complete in absence of other team members and other duties as assigned;
- Actively participate in team meetings;
- Support the day-to-day financial management of all entities as directed by leadership;
- Participate in functional cross training of roles in accounting department to ensure operational efficiencies;
- Familiarize self with all acquisition contracts, operation, management, and financing agreements;
- Maintain Security and Confidentiality, Accuracy, and Integrity of all information; always maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp.
- Knowledge of property vendor relationship management, property budgeting and project management;
- Working experience supporting an intercompany environment preferred;
- Experience in real estate, construction or property management environment preferred;
- Working knowledge of Timberline/Sage software (300 CRE a plus);
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, developing alternative solutions, applying reason even when dealing with difficult situations;
- Effectively communicate with other departments within the organization with special emphasis on collaboration within the Accounting Department;
- Respond promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance;
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently or within a team;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Excel
- Takes initiative, is solution oriented and follows through on all assigned tasks until resolution.
- Work performed in a modern, well-lit office setting;
- Use of various computer software programs including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel in addition to standard office equipment (phone, calculator, copier, fax);
- Ability to walk, bend, sit, stand, and work at computer for extended periods of time Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.