Iskalo Development Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under the guidance of the Director of Architecture, the Senior Architect will be responsible for managing architectural projects from inception through completion, making sure the owner’s requirements are met and the documents are completed on time. This position will work collaboratively with Development, Construction, Leasing and Property Management teams.
- Master’s in Architecture preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture required;
- Twelve to fifteen years’ experience;
- Understanding of and ability to manage full range of project phases taking projects from inception through construction completion with emphasis on Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Document and Services during construction phases;
- Professional style of verbal and written communication;
- High proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD
- Develop detailed architectural drawings for new or remodeled commercial buildings, including but not limited to floor plans, elevations, sections, door schedules and details;
- Coordinate with outside engineering consultants;
- Perform code reviews;
- Analyze design requirements proposing revisions as appropriate;
- Consult with clients throughout development and implementation process keeping clients and project stakeholders informed of progress;
- Maintain project schedule, informing project team of any needed information;
- Provide QA/QC review to ensure quality documents;
- Collaborate with inhouse Development, Construction Management, Leasing and Property Management on various projects;
- Involvement in answering questions during the construction process, including visits to job site to ensure contractors are adhering to building plans and regulations;
- Mentor and lead other architectural team members working on the projects.
- Maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates at all times
- Competence with latest version of AutoCAD Architectural Desktop/Revit, Photoshop and Sketch-up;
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and provide timely response to all project stakeholder, ensuring projects are on time and within budget;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Builds positive working relationships with peers and colleagues;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required;
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently or as a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibility, however will manage a team of people working on the same project.
- Work performed in modern, well-lit office setting
- Use of standard office equipment (phone, computer, copier, fax) in addition to trade tools
- Valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle during work hours
- Local travel to job sites and affiliate properties
- Ability to walk, bend, lift, stand, sit and work at computer for extended periods of time
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.