Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the policies, procedures, and programs that assure well-managed, well-maintained building(s), placing maximum emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of the tenants, environmental health and safety, and quality programs.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or university
- Five to seven years’ experience in commercial property management (office, light industrial and/or retail)
- Demonstrated excellence in tenant and vendor relationship management, property budgeting and project management
- Understanding of construction and occupational knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and plumbing methodology required
- Professional style of verbal and written communication
- Supervision of all maintenance programs relating to the interior and exterior conditions and appearance of all properties
- Day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the properties to assure maintenance of approved quality standards.
- Prepare, coordinate and insure that all fire, life safety and other safety and security programs are established and followed
- Participate in the selection of contract services, vendor negotiation of service agreements and day-to-day monitoring of vendor performance to assure full compliance with standards established within the service agreement
- Prompt response to requests from building tenants and for the implementation of ongoing contract programs to constantly assess tenant needs and to assure problems are being solved promptly and to the mutual benefit of the tenant and the properties.
- Collect, analyze and report on statistical data pertaining to the assessment of property management objectives;
- Ensure positive and prompt response to requests from building tenants;
- Coordinate remodeling efforts with the Construction Department;
- Day-to-day financial management of the properties and maintenance of all necessary financial records and files, managing costs against budgetary limits;
- Promote customer focus; monitor customer satisfaction and develops new approaches to meet customer needs;
- Assume any additional duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Property Management as mandated for the property portfolio assigned;
- Assist with safety training and on-the-job training activities for assigned personnel, as needed, working with the Director to ensure proper training programs are being implemented and to assess the progress of the individuals involved;
- Maintain a positive image of self, the property, Iskalo Development Corp, and the client at all times in the community. The Senior Property Manager shall strive to attend and participate in outside or in-house activities, meetings, organizations, regulatory agencies, etc., as approved or directed.
- Knowledge of property vendor relationship management, property budgeting and project management;
- Working knowledge of Corrigo software;
- Full competency in managing tenant relationships;
- Ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner developing alternative solutions and applying reason, even when dealing with difficult situations;
- Effectively communicate with other departments within the organization with special emphasis on collaboration with the Accounting Department;
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations; responding promptly to customer needs and requests for service and assistance;
- Encourage open communication; confront difficult situations; maintain objectivity; keep emotions under control; use negotiation skills to resolve conflicts;
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgement; willingness to make decisions; support and explain reasoning for decision; makes decisions timely and includes appropriate people in decision making process;
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently or as a team;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Builds positive working relationships with staff, peers and colleagues;
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations maintaining objectivity; keeps emotions under control and applies negotiation tactics to resolve conflict;
- Strong knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Suite with focus on Excel;
- Takes initiative, is solution oriented and follows through on all assigned tasks until resolution;
- Working knowledge of real estate, construction or property management environment preferred
- Valid driver license and use of personal vehicle for business purposes;
- Work performed at various property locations in addition to a modern, well-lit office setting;
- Exposure to outside weather conditions;
- Use of various computer software programs including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel in addition to standard office equipment (phone, calculator, copier, fax);
- Daily travel to company properties;
- Moderate noise level;
- Ability to walk, talk, bend, lift, stand, sit, kneel, climb, crouch and crawl. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.