Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
The Staff Accountant will provide a critical connection between the Accounting Department and the Property Management team. In collaboration with both teams the Staff Accountant will provide daily guidance and direction in the review and implementation of consistent practices to ensure the timely processing and accounting of the financials for more than 50 properties. The ideal candidate is a strong communicator who excels as a part of a team but works independently and with minimal direction. Once established in their role this individual will increase responsibilities by providing much needed support to the Senior Accountant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Accounting Concentration required;
- Experience in a corporate environment preferred;
- Experience with complex intercompany transactions preferred;
- Experience in a paperless environment a plus;
- Minimum of five years of experience in general accounting, accounts payable and receivables required.
- Daily review of outstanding accounts receivables, acting as necessary;
- Update reports in preparation of weekly meeting for presentation to CEO;
- Participate in meeting as needed presenting information and status update.
- Monthly review and reconciliation of rent payments:
- Ensure accurate recording to appropriate accounts:
- Follow up on outstanding payments;
- Ensure timely closing of properties on quarterly basis;
- Collaborate with property management coordinator in the submission and matching of PO’s and invoices to ensure timely submission and enable approval of payments;
- Coordinate with property management team to ensure receipt of move out documentation in support of tenant exit to effectively ensure proper recording and return of security deposit;
- Interact with tenants and representatives responding to inquiries regarding rent, expenses, etc;
- Facilitate budget discussions in preparation for annual creation and submission of property budgets;
- Participate in regular meetings to review, assess, and revise as necessary;
- Conduct quarterly audits to review all posted transactions;
- Provide support to the leasing department in the set up and periodic maintenance of tenant leases;
- Actively participate in team meetings (in person and via Microsoft Team);
- Ensure confidentiality at all times;
- Maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates at all times.
- Professional style of verbal and written communication;
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, working knowledge of Word, Outlook, etc.
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently or as a team;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Build positive working relationships with peers and colleagues;
- Familiarity with Sage 300 CRE/Timberline, Sage Paperless preferred;
- Working knowledge of a facilities management software a plus;
- Takes initiative, is solution oriented and follows through on all assigned tasks until resolution;
- Working knowledge of real estate, construction or property management environment preferred.
- Work performed in modern, well-lit office setting;
- Use of standard office equipment (phone, computer, calculator, copier, fax);
- Occasional local travel to affiliate properties;
- Ability to walk, bend, lift, stand, sit and work at computer for extended periods of time.
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.