Iskalo Development Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing or overseeing the advanced maintenance and repair needs of various structures within the organization. Tasks to be performed involve electrical/carpentry/plumbing and general building maintenance. This position is responsible for work throughout our portfolio of commercial, retail, and residential properties.
- 5 Plus years of related maintenance or trades experience. Technical/Trade school and completion of craft apprenticeship preferred; High School diploma required.
- Valid NYS driver license with clean history
- Working knowledge of related hand tools and equipment.
- Understanding of basic construction language and concepts.
- Available to work on call in support of multiple commercial, residential, and hospitality-based properties.
- Professional style of verbal and written communication
- Evaluate and maintain facility and grounds by conducting routine walk-through inspections, inside and out, identifying wear and tear and damage, assessing repair options.
- Maintain fire and safety standards/systems for all areas of the facility and grounds.
- Test and replace parts and components in plumbing, electrical and heating systems.
- Complete a variety of carpentry functions, painting Etc.
- Identify, recommend and implement preventative and on-going changes to preserve or upgrade equipment.
- Formulate detailed assessment of repairs to be completed, request and assess bids from outside contractors to perform work.
- Point of contact for subcontractors and suppliers for purpose of clarification and job completion.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in completion of tasks.
- Familiarization with mechanical components of all buildings within area of assignment.
- Provide support to assigned properties and perform emergency/unscheduled repairs as required to ensure tenant and client satisfaction.
- Perform maintenance skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing and other processes
- Comply with all safety regulations, ensure physical and structural safety escalating areas of concern to management as appropriate.
- Always maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently or as a team
- Strong customer relations and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to build positive working relationships with peers and colleagues
- Takes initiative, is solution oriented and follows through on all assigned tasks until resolution
- Basic knowledge of Computers, Microsoft Office Suite, Smart Phones and Tablets
- Working knowledge of real estate, construction or property management environment preferred
- This position has no supervisory responsibility
- Frequent lifting and/or moving items over 75 pounds
- Position is very active requiring frequent walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, standing and climbing
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Work is performed in all types of weather conditions
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.