Iskalo Development Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
The Maintenance Technician fulfilling this role should have a strong knowledge of HVAC and electrical repair but also be familiar with a wide variety of maintenance functions. The Maintenance Technician will provide support to the Property Management and Construction Teams. This role will perform a variety of duties in support of the multiple properties and affiliate companies under the corporation. Tasks to be performed involve electrical/plumbing/roofing repairs & general building maintenance. This position is responsible for work throughout our portfolio of commercial, retail, and residential properties.
Who We Are
Iskalo Development is one of the region’s premier developers of high-quality buildings of timeless design. We are driven to deliver quality, not quantity. In doing so, we sweat the details that others don’t. We do this because it is important to us that our projects make a positive impact to their neighborhood and that they stand the test of time. And we believe that someone choosing to spend time in one of our buildings, whether it be for work in one of our commercial buildings, an overnight stay in one of our hotels, or for dinner at one of our restaurants, deserves to be treated to excellence in their surroundings.
Why You Want to Work Here
If you are creative, resourceful and “wired to work”, then you may be a candidate to join the team of professionals at Iskalo Development. More than ever before, you have a choice on the type of company you want to work for. Choose one where you can make a difference!
- Point of contact for subcontractors and suppliers including making direct contact for purpose of clarification and job completion;
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities;
- Diagnose problems, perform repairs, test and make adjustments as necessary
- Perform regular preventative maintenance on building and components as necessary;
- Complete a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions;
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in completion of tasks;
- Familiarization with mechanical components of all buildings within area of assignment;
- Provide support to assigned properties and perform emergency/unscheduled repairs as required to ensure tenant and client satisfaction;
- Perform maintenance skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing and other processes
- Comply with all safety regulations, ensure physical and structural safety escalating areas of concern to management as appropriate;
- Maintain a positive image of Iskalo Development Corp. and its affiliates at all times
- HVAC experience required
- Electrical experience required
- Technical/Trade school and completion of craft apprenticeship preferred; High School diploma required;
- Strong ability to troubleshoot independently
- Strong customer relations skills
- Valid NYS driver license with clean history
- General maintenance experience required with working knowledge of most hand tools;
- Understanding of basic construction language and concepts;
- Available to work on call in support of multiple commercial, residential and hospitality-based properties;
- Professional style of verbal and written communication
- Motivated, self-starter who works well independently or as a team;
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail;
- Builds positive working relationships with peers and colleagues;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Takes initiative, is solution oriented and follows through on all assigned tasks until resolution;
- Working knowledge of real estate, construction or property management environment required
- This position has no supervisory responsibility
- Frequent lifting and/or moving items over 75 pounds
- Position is very active requiring standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing;
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus;
- NYS Driver license required with clean license for use of company vehicle to travel between job sites;
- Basic computer skills including but not limited to email, work orders and documentation skills;
How to Apply
Click HERE to Download Application.
Please email the application, your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Iskalo Development Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.